Monday, November 23, 2009

Best Buy

People appear to be upset at Best Buy's advertising choices.

Does this offend you?

I think it rather dismaying the level of intolerance in this country, particularly of anyone of the Muslim FAITH. I do not condone terrorism or extremism based on any particular belief. Not 9/11, not animal activist bombings, not killing doctors who perform abortions, etc. But there is a big difference between intolerance and discrimination of an entire religious belief, especially without being schooled in the said faith, and intolerance of violence, aggression, hatred and terrorism.

That and the violent anti-Obama things that I read on FB often make me want to quit using it entirely. I am not a big Bush fan, and never thought Reagan to be anything more than a hologram, but I am not about to spew forth the hatred, venom, racist and anti-patriotic verbal violence that I have seen people write.

This all dismays me.

It truly saddens me to see what has happened to our country, our respect towards others, and our manners over the past 25-30 years. Truly.

For at least that one reason, I won't be sorry to have to leave in the next couple of months. The values I believe in, liberty, tolerance, respect, politeness, etc., seem not to matter to so many people anymore. Not to anybody in particular, personally, but so many people I read or interact with on a daily basis.

It's really too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment