Friday, January 8, 2010

RIP, Gertrude Bonn Schoonover


My grandmother, my mom's mom, has passed away - this is the lovely email I received from my sister:

I'm not calling because I'm not up to it. Just received the news that Grandma M has passed. She
apparently didn't want a funeral, so she was interred today sans funeral. I guess 30 years to the day that Grandpa Larry passed. She passed away peacefully on Wed. night at an assisted living place with an aid holding her hand. The aid had been a former student of Aunt Elizabeth's, and made the decision in those last minutes not to leave Grandma M to call Elizabeth. She realized that Grandma only had a couple of minutes, and felt that staying with her, holding her hand would serve her better than to take the time out to make that call. I'm so glad for Grandma that she stayed. I'm glad she wasn't alone in her last minutes. I guess if it's O.K., I'll leave the telling of this news to your kids, to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment